Microbiome Claim Support
Microbiome Collections, Sequencing and Custom Analysis. Microbiome Friendly Claims
Not all the Guests Residing on your Body are Uninvited
The Microbiome is a particularly trendy area of research for skincare, cosmetic, haircare and body care products alike. For years products like toners, soaps, and bodywashes have been focused on their ability to kill bacteria and reduce oil without any consideration of the other “good tenants” that reside on the skin and how they are being impacted.
Validated Claim Support has a strategic partnership with Diversigen and CoreBiome, who have been at the forefront of pioneering microbiome discovery and research for a number of years.
By combining our clinical and analytical expertise, we provide a unique value proposition which allows for considerable cost savings and unique scientific claim substantiation.
Pairing up Analytical Research and Consumer Claims
If collections are conducted during a clinical study, research can be compilated to extract secondary DNA parameters, identifying the presence and prevalence of a wide range of unique organisms.
Diversigen has developed state-of-the-art techniques to extract high quality nucleic acids for metagenomic analysis, helping to make extremely specialized analytical techniques available to smaller companies from a variety of industries.
VCS can conduct collections alongside expert grading and instrumental analysis for most of our clinical study designs, making detailed sequencing much more available to cosmetic and skincare testing brands.
Cutting Edge DNA Sequencing and Reporting
With substantial sequencing and computing capacity, our partnership allows for completely custom strategies, tailored claim support and analytical packages.
Diversigen can provide a wide range of services, including but not limited to:
- Amplicon Sequencing – An optimized and low-bias approach to amplicon sequencing of bacteria and fungi
- Shallow Shotgun Sequencing – First in class, accurate shallow shotgun sequencing approach that gives you a data boost with species-level profiles and functional profiling not provided by amplicon sequencing
- Deep Shotgun Sequencing – Allows you to explore the rarest members of a microbiome and uncover functional signatures
- Strain Analysis – Comprehensive strain-bank profiling of bacterial isolates
Every sequencing project includes our complimentary Core Analysis™ report in which you will receive fully annotated data tables, interactive visualizations, and all raw data.
CorePlus™ Analysis enables our expert bioinformaticians to help you make new discoveries. Through fully-customizable data analysis, combining robust and trusted methodologies, with novel approaches, we help our clients go from hypotheses to the use of actionable data.
For more examples of Diversigen’s core sequencing and analysis techniques, please visit their website or inquire with our sales team.
Microbiome Related Claims
- Microbiome Friendly
- Eliminates the Root Cause of Odor
- Helps Support a Natural Skin Balance
- Eliminates Harmful Surface Bacteria
- Won’t Upset Skin Homeostasis
Claim Support Validation Techniques
- Custom Collections and DNA/RNA Analysis